This is a Raspberry Pi Pico Basic Kit by Cytron for the very first MCU launched by Raspberry Pi Foundation. Above all, the kit includes almost everything you need to kickstart your way in digital making and start learning MicroPython with Raspberry Pi Pico!
This kit comes without Raspberry Pi Pico. Therefore you can get your Raspberry Pi Pico from here:
The Raspberry Pi Pico is based on the 1st Microcontroller IC/Silicon – RP2040. That is to say, it was designed and produced by Engineers from the Raspberry Pi team too. Raspberry Pi has been very popular in producing Single Board Computers since the launch of Raspberry Pi. Meanwhile, the engineering team has delivered more great news for digital makers around the world. A microcontroller development board.
Pico is for physical computing
Unlike the previous Raspberry Pi boards. Pico is subsequently for physical computing projects where it controls anything from:
- small electronic components,
- reading information from sensors,
- or communicate with other microcontrollers.
It can be reprogrammed over a USB connection.
Based on the Official Get Started with MicroPython on Raspberry Pi Pico-Color Printed. As a result they provided comprehensive guide from Raspberry Pi to kickstart with this new MCU platform. This Raspberry Pi Basic Kit kit is perfect for you and above all your kids to start learning programming at an early stage. In conclusion, with this kit, you’ll be able to pave your way into digital making and physical computing.
Note: This kit includes basic components for the exercises in Chapter 3 to Chapter 9 only.
Learn physical computing with Raspberry Pi Pico:
- Official Get Started with MicroPython on Raspberry Pi Pico-Color Printed
- Getting Started with Raspberry Pi Pico (URL)
- Getting Started with Raspberry Pi Pico (pdf), C/C++ Development with the Pico and other RP2040-based microcontroller boards
- Raspberry Pi Pico Datasheet (pdf), An RP2040-based microcontroller board
- Pico Python SDK (pdf), A MicroPython Environment for the RP2040 Microcontroller
- Pico C/C++ SDK (pdf), Libraries and Tools for C/C++ Development on the RP2040 Microcontroller
- RP2040 Datasheet (pdf), A microcontroller by Raspberry Pi
Check out some of the video tutorials that you can learn using this kit:
- Traffic Light Controller with Raspberry Pi Pico: https://www.youtube.com/embed/6yorI3EvS48
- Reaction Game Using Raspberry Pi Pico: https://www.youtube.com/embed/fanmgtpO3IQ
- Burglar Alarm Using Raspberry Pi Pico: https://www.youtube.com/embed/eBnFWZwEH9E
- Control LED Using PWM on Raspberry Pi Pico: https://www.youtube.com/embed/BqZ0BbTRNvo