Just as small. Five times as fast.
At the heart of Raspberry Pi Zero 2W is RP3A0, a custom-built system-in-package designed by Raspberry Pi in the UK. With a quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 processor clocked at 1GHz and 512MB of SDRAM; Zero 2 is up to five times as fast as the original Raspberry Pi.
Wireless LAN is built in to a shielded enclosure with improved RF compliance; giving you more flexibility when designing with Raspberry Pi Zero 2W.
All in the same tiny 65mm × 30mm form factor.
Raspberry Pi Zero 2W
Raspberry Pi Zero 2W is the latest product in our most affordable range of single-board computers. The successor to the breakthrough Raspberry Pi Zero W; Raspberry Pi Zero 2W is a form factor–compatible drop-in replacement for the original board.
The board has a microSD card slot; a CSI-2 camera connector; a USB On-The-Go (OTG) port; and an unpopulated footprint for a HAT-compatible 40-pin GPIO header. It is powered via a micro USB socket. Video output is via a mini HDMI port; composite video output can easily be made available via test points if needed.
Sharing the same form factor as the original Raspberry Pi Zero; Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W fits inside most existing Raspberry Pi Zero cases.
- Any external power supply used with Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W; shall comply with relevant regulations and standards applicable in the country of intended use.
- This product should be operated in a well-ventilated environment; and if used inside a case, the case should not be covered.
- Whilst in use, this product should be placed on a stable, flat; non-conductive surface, and should not be contacted by conductive items.
- The connection of incompatible devices to Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W may affect compliance; result in damage to the unit, and invalidate the warranty.
- All peripherals used with this product should comply with relevant standards for the country of use; and be marked accordingly to ensure that safety and performance requirements are met. These articles include but are not limited to keyboards, monitors, and mice; when used in conjunction with Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W.
- The cables and connectors of all peripherals used with this product must have adequate insulation; so that relevant safety requirements are met.
To avoid malfunction or damage to this product, please observe the following:
- Do not expose to water or moisture, or place on a conductive surface whilst in operation.
- Do not expose to heat from any source; Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is designed for reliable operation at normal ambient temperatures.
- Take care whilst handling to avoid mechanical or electrical damage to the printed circuit board and connectors.
- Whilst it is powered, avoid handling
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is perfect for a range of smart home applications and other IoT projects. From security cameras to Bluetooth speakers; Zero 2 W has the tiny form factor and impressive power that make it an ideal computer for your projects. Explore projects
Make and build with Zero 2 W – The MagPi issue 112
Discover 40 amazing projects to make and build with Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W. We are still reeling from the brilliance of Zero 2 W. This month, we will take a look at all the incredible things you can make with Raspberry Pi Zero computers. Download Free PDF
With a 1GHz quad-core processor; Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W’s CPU is every bit as powerful as a Raspberry Pi 3; albeit with 512MB RAM. Pair your Zero 2 W with a keyboard, mouse, and screen; and it can be used as a capable home computer. For a complete rundown of how to use your tiny new Raspberry Pi as a replacement for a much more power- and space- hungry desktop computer; check out our Raspberry Pi 3B+ PC Challenge in The MagPi issue #59
What can I do with my Zero 2 W?
- Start coding
- Discover electronics
- Get retro with RISC OS
- Pirate Radio
- Wearable Time-Lapse Camera
- Build a Low-Cost Robot
- And many many many more